We conducting a detailed examination of user flows and the overall user experience. By dividing the app into user-specific workflows, we performed a heuristic analysis to identify critical workflow and UI challenges.
We decided to prioritize and address the most critical issues. We presented our analysis during the project kickoff meeting and received stakeholder approval to proceed.
We interviewed Customer Service Specialists who served as our proxy users, which allowed us to gain insights that could help not only our project but all other projects under HCSS.
We learned about two types of users for Equipment360, Mechanics and Managers
- Primarily use the app to identify and add work orders to their time cards.
- Younger mechanics, being tech-savvy, use Equipment360 concurrently with their work orders.
- Older mechanics, less tech-literate, prefer pen and paper, and only use the app at the day's end.
- Primarily delegate tasks to mechanics.
- Some managers (Manager-Mechanics) execute work orders personally.
- Monitor work orders and ensure streamlined workflow at construction sites.